Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 17 ~ The Tension Shower Rod

Not to be confused with tension curtain rods which are often a bit flimsy and bendy, the tension shower rod is super sturdy and far and above one of my very, very favourite tricks I learned from my mother.

Sometimes a closet door just isn't convenient.  



Or maybe you want to add some colour to a room.



Tension shower rods come in 2 sizes for single showers or for tubs, and conveniently, closets often seem to appear in those same 2 sizes.



They are inexpensive and stay put quite well.  All you need to do is hem up some fabric or purchase a ready made curtain or shower curtain and you've got a pretty closet door that is easy to install.

Do you have a closet in need of a door?

To read more posts from my 31 Day series click here.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. We had an unfinished shower in our old house that we just closed off with material and used it as a closet for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Extra closet space is always welcome right?
      Shannon

      Delete
  2. I like the cute Shannon picture on the wall!

    xoD

    ReplyDelete