Monday, June 9, 2014

My Summer Meal Planner

When my sister-in-law spied this she thought it seemed post-worthy.  
So in the spirit of keeping things real over here in Pretty Organized-ville, here ya go.



Did you know I hate cooking?
H.A.T.E.
Last week my husband was working late nearly every day so I was thrilled to do eggs and Kraft Dinner and such since it was just me and the kids.
I wrote this the day they asked for a tuna sandwich after complaining through a meal of KD.  Apparently I can't even cook a box of macaroni well.

So?  Can you help me?  Post up your easy breezy no fail summer recipes either in the comments or on Facebook.  I tend to glaze over after about 5 ingredients so let's not set the bar too high.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, yay! Glad you posted. It will help all my intimidated by you friends (and maybe me?!?) see that you're human. :)

    Pesto Pasta? Boil pasta, toss with pesto, add a few cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs if you want it to look extra fresh and awesome, but not necessary if that's too high maintenance. :) A salad on the side, voila! Easy breezy. If you're feeling extra inspired a bit of shrimp in garlic butter is a nice addition to the pasta.

    Giant chicken caesar salad. That is a family favourite around here, just brown up some chicken breasts with garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in olive oil and toss in a salad with croutons and parmesan.

    Taco salad. We do this once a week, pretty much the only time consuming bit is browning ground beef.

    Then there's this fabulous little thing called take-out. Clay Oven is my favourite, ohhh that butter chicken!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. You better tell your friends that the Julia Child cookbook up there in the shot is all about how cute the cover is...and nothing more! :)
    Ummmm....pesto like, in a jar? Or what?
    Tacos I feel like I can handle. Like, if someone would go grocery shop for me and make sure I had the stuff. I think I need to plan 7 meals and keep repeating them for awhile until I get out of this slump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear Dino makes a wicked butter pasta. YUM

    ReplyDelete