Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Lesson in Purging

Usually I'm pretty good at getting rid of what I don't use, but I've had this one recipe in my stash for over 15 years.
Last year I showed you how I organize my recipes on cards and keep them all in one box.
I only keep recipes I use except for this one recipe I have for a dessert.  I remember clearly loving the dessert but every time I get the card out to consider trying it, I chicken out.

It says to boil water and butter.  No problem.  Then it says remove from heat and add flour.  The dough should pull away from sides.  

And that's where I stop every time.  Should pull?  What if it doesn't?  What if I have this big doughy mess and wreck it and then have no back up plan??
(Have I mentioned I HATE cooking?)
So I've read that thing a million times but never tried it...
until Thanksgiving.  


They liked it!!!  It was a big hit and now I wonder why on earth I didn't just try it 15 years ago?

Is there something around your house you're scared to try?



1 comment:

  1. I'm not a dessert person but that sounds and looks amazing. Maybe you can try it again sometime...when we are there. :)

    xoD

    ReplyDelete