Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Project Cozy Pillow

 It is so cold in Winnipeg that my sofa pillows asked for sweaters.

Okay, not really, but it IS that cold.

When I was at my parents' over the holidays I was inspired by my mom's cute knitted pillow coverings.




I decided it would be fun to cover the cushions that came with my couch the same way.


I bought yarn on sale at Zellers and crocheted up a wide scarf.


Then I sewed up two sides and put buttons on the opening so that the cover is easily removable.


 Adding knitted textures to your winter decor helps warm up your room.  This is an inexpensive, easy, and fast (depending on your pillow size and knit or crochet speed) way to change up your look for winter.



2 comments:

  1. So cute! Not so fast though if your yarn gets tangled and your BF is horrible at helping untangle! :)

    Happy birthday week!!!!!

    xoD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm sure your couch is feeling much warmer now! Maybe it needs slippers too?

    ReplyDelete