Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

We're having a wonderful holiday.  

We've played outdoors...


 and inside.


We've relaxed...


and we've been worn out.


And since I live with Jake, of course, we've skinned squirrels.


Perhaps that should have had a spoiler alert.

I am not big on resolutions, but since 2013 is the year I lose my baby to school, I want to be very intentional about how I spend my time.
My goal this year is 

Do Less
Be More


More prayerful, more still.  More focussed on priorities.  

Busy is a nasty disease that is so easy to catch.  I find myself fighting against it without even knowing exactly what I'm busy with.  

And so, rather than jumping into any big projects either decorating or organizational, as is so tempting for me to do in January, I plan to work at small tasks.  I will make a list of the many projects that have been sitting around overlooked and tackle them slowly.  With no silly self imposed deadlines...just working at a pace that leaves room to Be.

Happy 2013!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post and such wise words!

    Love you!

    xoD

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAA!!! "Spoiler Alert"?!?!? I was upclose to the screen looking at book titles and then SQUIRREL!!!
    Your family is Gorgeous and SO ARE YOU and every space you create! Happy New Year!
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan for 2013, getting the odds and ends done is a great reward too!
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete