Thursday, July 5, 2012

Storewatch: World Market

Welcome to World Market, Seattle.

(Visit their store locator to find a store in your own summer vacation destination.  
http://www.worldmarket.com/storeLocator/index.jsp?ab=header:storelocator)



I first heard of World Market here, in my June Country Living.


I have been having a hard time finding stools for our basement and I liked these ones from World Market.  I checked out their website but couldn't find the stools anywhere so I emailed to ask if they were available.  Within minutes, literally, I received a very helpful email from their customer service people to let me know that not all items are available online.  I was so impressed with their fantastic service that I decided to try to visit a store on a family trip through the States.

It was a good sign to find Mrs. Meyers soap when we arrived.  Love those refill bags!
The kids were all over the toy section.




There was a whole wine section as well as snacks and coffee and tea.  I admit I didn't really look too closely as it's the housewares that I enjoy the most.






















I was particularly impressed by the curtain and basket selection.

















And there were lots of fun summer items.



Prices were reasonable although I did not find any huge deals.
I DID find stools which will be revealed once the basement is done.
Overall, I'd go again.

Now I realize this is not a store that everyone can visit as it is only in select locations.  I am not trying to be cruel here, but I am hoping that you will be inspired to go into a store that you've never been in this summer.  One you pass by all the time perhaps, or somewhere you've heard about but never checked out.

Disclaimer:
It was not wise for me to review my first store whilst stool shopping with my husband and 4 kids after having driven for several hours.  I promise to take more pics next time and focus my attention better on the product!!


No comments:

Post a Comment