Monday, November 23, 2015

Gift Wrap

I could easily write a long post about gift wrap.  
There are so many beautiful and creative ways to make a gift look special.

Whether with colour,

Style at Home

 or sweet ways of tying on string.

Style at Home

 But the truth is that in the big picture, when I budget my time during the holiday season, I have come to realize that spending a long time on wrapping just isn't in the cards for me.  
And I'm okay with that, cause after all, it's gonna get ripped right off anyway.

I do want to give a pretty gift.  
I think that's part of showing someone you care for them, 
but I stay fairly low maintenance on the pretty.

This year I chose some paper from Ikea cause I just liked it a lot.
I had some green twine so I think I'll use that too.
These little bags are nice and quick for wrapping and I had some tags left over from 2 years ago...also Ikea.  I tend to choose very similar patterns and colours year to year so I can just keep using what I have, and add to it as I need.


I find it helps to wrap a bit at a time so you don't get overwhelmed with it.  Usually I work from a list of priorities...wrapping what I'll need for the next occasion and leaving what I don't need yet for the next wrap session.
I also colour code what I wrap for stockings so it's easy to keep track of whose is whose.

Happy wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment