Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pure Joy - Setting Up a New Office Space

I'm feeling giddy freedom this morning! 
Last night I spoke at a ladies' night out which was a huge honour.  It went well but it's not something I can do without being anxious.  I am so relieved to be done!  

As a special treat, I saved myself a project!!!
Dino recently told me he wants an office space in our house.  

Seriously, my heart skipped a beat when he asked me and I've been thinking on it ever since but forced myself to wait until my speech was done.

Today is the day!  
Yippee!
I so much prefer doing rather than talking about doing!  
(Although I do enjoy writing about doing.)

Step one was to figure out a practical location.  When you start a new project, take the time to think through all your options before you start scooting furniture around.  Ask yourself what your needs for the new set up will be.  When will it be in use?  How much space is needed realistically?
I decided to set something up in our bedroom.  I could certainly give him the den on the main floor but he often works in the evening so I'd like us to be on the same floor at night and I'm always in our room.

Here's the room before.  
I'll get to work and let you know how it goes!




The little love seat came up from our main floor - in case you're curious.   
He's waiting for a new spot. 
I'll show you what replaced him in a post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment