Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Permanent Marker Removal

It's that time of year when those who organize and decorate for a living should be talking about 

SPRING CLEANING

But temperatures that insist on dipping into the -20's during the last weeks of March are causing me to feel quite hibernatey.

So instead, let me send you into Spring Break week with a tried and true stain removal tip.

At a family gathering we had the kids write their names on their pop can or plastic cup with a permanent marker.  
And as often happens with sweaty fingers and dewy drinks, some marker smudged.

Here on the left you can see a spot on our wood dining table.
On the right...gone!

Before
After



And just in case you don't believe me, I did a purposeful stain on my laminate countertop.

Before
After



The no fail stain remover?


Hairspray.
Works every time.
On permanent marker and pen as well.

Happy Spring Break everyone! 
See you back here in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment