Sunday, September 2, 2012

Keepsakes ~ Session Seven Finale

For our last session I want to talk about two fun ways to display memories of your kids.
  
To this day on my parents bedroom wall, are silhouettes of my siblings and I.  They have always fascinated me.  My parents bought them on a trip to Disney when we were young.  
A couple of years ago I started seeing how-to's on the internet for making silhouettes so I decided to try it out.  It took a bit of trial and error and some hubby help, but here is the result - sorry for the flash.
(If anyone wants instructions let me know!)



What I remember most from my own childhood are family trips.  I still love to travel and really enjoy taking the kids along.  
I have plans to buy a map so that we can track out the routes we've driven.  I'm thinking the map will go in this frame and sit on this easel - hopefully in our dining room post reno.  
I'll let ya know when I get it put together.



I am feeling a little sad about the kids going back to school.  As much as I love routine I will sure miss them!

The days are long and the years are short.

I have found this to be especially true this past summer...a really important reason to display your keepsakes and keep your memories alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment