Friday, April 19, 2013

Collections

Years ago my BF gave me a lovely little plant in a white milk glass pot.  
I loved it very much.  
And then the plant died...so my husband threw it out.  Pot and all.

And thus began my milk glass collection.



I've collected various pieces over the years and have some displayed around my house.



It's fun to search out antique and thrift stores to find a good deal.
These are the pieces I found in Texas.
The largest one in the back left was only $2!!  Steal!



The majority of my collection is in storage however, patiently awaiting a set of built in shelves which will arrive in our dining room when we complete our renovation...hopefully this summer.


Can't wait!

What do you collect?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love your collection!! When we were kids mom made us start collecting something (I think just to make gift-giving easier for her), so I picked music boxes. The collection died w/ my youth, but I am so thankful I didn't pick clowns, like my sister did. ;) Although, inadvertantly, I would say I now collect picture frames.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo, I think I might be a frame collector too! I got such a great one today! :) I'll post it next week.
      When I was a kid I collected clowns! Like those harlequin ones with the tear...creepy.
      xoxoS

      Delete