Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cut Yourself Some Slack

Once in awhile a corner can become a catch-all.  A few days ago I helped Twyla revamp her basement corner.  Now I'm not gonna lecture you all today on Purge-Sort-Practice.  I know you've got it all down pat.  What I am gonna tell you is that sometimes you can cut yourself a little slack. There will be times when you have items you just can't purge...but they don't belong out on the shelf either. In Twyla's case she had some inherited treasures that she had not completely decided on yet.  So, she packed them in a box and put them in her storage room.  It's okay to have some items in storage.  All I ask is that you don't forget them there for the next 12 years.  Twyla, for example, will need to decide...purge?  Sell?  Pass on?  But no rush.  The rest of her things we either purged or put away in her cupboard and gave her a sewing area and work space that she can use.


Sewing Area





Work space


No comments:

Post a Comment