Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Don't Call the Stuff Police

WARNING:
If you have anti-stuff issues, please stop reading now.

I've been living in reno land since the Spring.  Which means I have not had access to my storage room for quite awhile.


Yup.  That's it.  Way back there.  Even if I did haul all that stuff out of the way, the room itself is FULL of everything I had in the basement as well as items from the main floor where the reno is happening.

Since we started renovating I've been on a few trips, had a birthday, Christmas has come and gone.  Not to mention yard sales and Kijiji.  So yah...I have some stuff hanging around and nowhere to store it.


Ugh.  My great little gift storage room turned into a dumping ground.

Oops.  Because even when parts of your home are in chaos, there are things you can do to keep your living space normal, and that is important so that you can feel some sense of peace even if, you know, half your main floor is ripped apart and your basement is still unliveable and you can't use your front door still (just for example).

So today I pulled all that stuff out.  


Darla, who should be on salary, and I sorted everything into bins according to which room it will eventually go into.  And here we are, 12 bins later.  If you want to say, LADY, you have a lot of stuff, then what I have to say to you is, I KNOW.  But by reno end, I will have gained 1700 square feet (plus my porch).  So, I think it is not smart to purge anything until I am sure it will not be needed.


And now my little gift/craft room is back to normal and it feels much more peaceful up here.


Now let's play a little game.  I thought when I got that big pile out of the way, I would find my brown ribbon which I need to add some new scarves to my scarf collection.  


But it was not there.  And it is not in my sewing area.  ARG.  
So?  Where would Shannon store her ribbon???
HELP
And no age comments.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh...fun game! Brown ribbon: under your bed, in your little closet room where garbage bags are, Jake's room (since I know it's not in any kids rooms). Oh, and I work for credit! Except, pretty sure I then still owe you about a million more days of work at your house. Love you! And your amazing blog. xoD

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You need to have a big fat yard sale!! Or open your own store! That is a LOT of STUFF!!!! Does this include the stuff in the inaccessible storage room, or is this all stuff you've acquired since the reno started?!??! You're like a super-organized hoarder. Damn I wish I would have stopped reading after that first sentence like you told me to.

    Brown ribbon: why bother looking for it? Just go buy some more and start a new storage box.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there was a warning...

    If you saw the storage room you might pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, all I can say Shansky Bansky, is, gosh I love you!! And wouldn't it be easier to just buy more brown ribbon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah...but that goes against every bone of my very very stubborn nature!!!! I WILL FIND IT.

    ReplyDelete